The New York State Legislature is currently considering significant changes to the provisions of the Civil Rights Law governing New York’s right of publicity. The St. John’s Intellectual Property Law Center (IPLC) and the Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) invite you to a roundtable discussion of the history of New York’s right of publicity and the details of the proposed bill—A8155/S5857—with experts from practice, the academy, and the legislature.
1 hour of New York State CLE credit (professional practice) will be available.
- Robert Bergin Esq., Counsel to Majority Leader Joseph Morelle, New York State Assembly
- Professor Christopher Buccafusco, Cardozo Law School
- Bryan Clenahan Esq., Counsel, New York State Senate Labor Committee
- Amy Maggs Esq., Counsel, New York State Assembly Judiciary Committee
- Edward H. Rosenthal Esq., Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, PC
- Professor Jennifer Rothman, Loyola Law School of Los Angeles
- Senator Diane Savino, New York State Senate
- Professor Jeremy Sheff, St. John’s Law School
- Professor Rebecca Tushnet, Harvard Law School
- Barry Werbin Esq., Herrick, Feinstein LLP
The event is free and open to the public, but advance registration is requested. (Registration Link)