Trademark Portfolio Manager Jack Daniel's Properties, Inc. / Brown-Forman BrandsAttorney
City: San RafaelCAState/Province: United StatesCountry:
Brown-Forman, founded in 1870, is a diversified producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Brown-Forman currently employs about 4,000 people and has offices or facilities in 30 cities across the globe. Starting in the mid-1950s, the company began a series of acquisitions that would place it among the top 10 largest spirits companies in the world, selling its brands in more than 135 countries across the globe.
Reports to: Managing Director, Chief Trademark Counsel
Scope: This is a trademark manager position, handling the multi-national trademark clearance, filing, prosecution and maintenance for the Jack Daniel’s family of brands and our tequila portfolio which contains such well-known brands as Herradura and El Jimador.
JDPI is a closely-knit group that prizes professionalism, attention to detail, creativity, training/continuing education and a sense of humor. You will have daily contact with internal clients at many different levels of the company, both domestic and foreign, and will also work with outside trademark counsel in over 150 countries.
Duties: Of particular note, this person will:
- Conduct trademark clearance and prepare necessary clearance reports;
- Handle the day to day prosecution of domestic and foreign trademark and copyright applications;
- Provide guidance to clients regarding proper use of trademarks
- Work with trademark counsel and regulatory counsel reviewing advertising, point-of-sale and promotional materials for IP issues
- Conduct with trademark counsel strategic trademark portfolio and budget reviews
- Assist in domestic and foreign litigation and enforcement
- Share supervision role of trademark staff (other paralegals, one legal assistant and a part-time document clerk).
Qualifications: You will need to be good at taking initiative, thinking independently, writing well and performing sophisticated tasks of a highly sensitive nature which affect the Company's valuable brand names. The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- A lawyer, at least 3-5 years experience as a trademark lawyer with responsibilities on a global trademark portfolio.
- Prior trademark experience in a law firm or corporate trademark department (the latter is preferred
- Ability to consistently plan, organize, work independently, think critically, meet deadlines and remain flexible in a multi-task environment.
- Outgoing, collaborative personality
- Proficiency with MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google suite.
Would also consider the following:
- A paralegal, at least 15 years experience as a trademark paralegal with high-level responsibilities on a global trademark portfolio.
How to apply
Please submit a resume on-line to: http://brown-forman.com/careers/